- "promotes positive self-esteem in girls and women of all ages, sizes,
races and backgrounds trhough a spirited approach to media education, outreach
Civil Liberties Union - Women's Rights
- Issues: Criminal Justice, Discrimination, Violence Against Women, Education,
Employment, Poverty/Welfare, Pregnancy/Parenting, General.
- Broadsheet - Salon.com
- A feminist blog written by a variety of contributers. If you don't have
a paid subscription to Salon.com you will have to wait and click through
an advertising screen before viewing the blog. A good place to get news
from all over the world with feminist commentary to put it in context.
Women's Health Network - Posters
- downloadable posters on health activism
- Emily's List
- "EMILY's List, the nation's largest grassroots political network,
is dedicated to taking back our country from the radical right wing by
electing pro-choice Democratic women to federal, state, and local office."
- Weekly activist news updates, articles and speeches, a
page of links to resources on women's health issues, and other pages of
International Radio Endeavour (FIRE)
- FIRE broadcasts a
two-hour daily program (one hour each in Spanish and English) on the shortwave
radio station Radio for Peace International (RFPI) in Costa Rica and is
heard in over 100 countries around the world.
- Lots of resources
and texts available here covering (but not limited to) feminist news, health,
global feminism, sports, politics, work, violence against women and many,
many, links to other resources and sites.
- Guerrila Girls
- "re-inventing the "f" word -- feminism. Agitating artists
who use satire and performance to fight stereotypes, discrimination and
- Hastings Women's Law Journal
- "We offer and maintain an inclusive space for feminism, race theory,
multi-culturalism, animal rights, disability rights, language rights, international
human rights, criminal defendants' rights and prisoners' rights, among
- Holla Back NYC
- "Next time a stranger comments on your breasts in public, just shoot
him˜with a camera, such as the one built into your cell phone.
This is the unorthodox advice of Holla Back NYC, a blog-cum-grass-roots
movement that uses digital technology to combat street harassment." --Ms.com
- Incite! Women of Color Against
- Newsletter, Activist Institutes, Conferences, Organizing materials &
posters for their national campaign against the war. "By supporting
grassroots organizing, we intend to advance a national movement to nurture
the health and well-being of communities of color. "
- Making Face, Making Soul … a
Chicana Feminist Homepage
- "a site by, for, and about Chicanas, meaning women of Mexican descent
in the United States. This site contains a variety of resources ranging
from short biographies of Chicanas, to Chicana poetry and literature, cultural
resources, academic resources, otras chicanas on the 'net, and more...
- "A meeting place for military women to exchange information unique to
their military experience and to offer firsthand information to women thinking
about a military career." A large section devoted to Issues includes Harassment,
Discrimination and Domestic Violence, women in combat, pregnancy in the
military, wearing the abaya when stationed Saudi Arabia, and more.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- NARAL has a strong record of over thirty years of activism on behalf
of women's reproductive freedom in the courts, on the streets and advocacy
in national and state legislatures. This site offers news, facts and issue
briefs and helps connect people to local and national opportunities to
get involved in the struggle.
American Women's Health Education Resource Center
- Located in South Dakota
on the Yankton Sioux Reservation, this organization is engaged in community
organizing and leadership development, domestic violence, AIDS education,
Child development and adult learning projects and many health and nutrition
issues. The center's Clearinghouse of Educational Materials prepares and
develops health education materials for distribution to Native American
audiences -- ordering information online.
- National Organization for Women
- Key Issues: * Abortion Rights / Reproductive Issues, Affirmative
Action, Constitutional Equality, Disability Rights, Economic Equity,
Family, Fighting the Right, Global Feminism, Health, Judicial Nominations.
Legislation, Lesbian Rights, Media Activism, Working for Peace, Racial
and Ethnic Diversity, Title IX, Violence Against Women, Welfare, Women-Friendly
Workplace, Women in the Military, Young Feminism
- Our Bodies Ourselves
- "…also known as the Boston Women’s
Health Book Collective, empowers women with information about health, sexuality,
and reproduction. We work in and for the public interest, promote equality
between women and men, and build bridges among social justice movements."
- Our Bodies Our Blog
- From the Our Bodies Ourslves people "your daily dose of women's
health news and analysis."
- Planned Parenthood
- "Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual,
throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility, regardless of the
individual's income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation,
age, national origin, or residence." There are many ways to get involved
and a weath of information can be found in the Research and Media section.
Gender-Based Criteria for Asylum
- Two attorneys consider
whether gender-based violence should be used as a grounds for granting
asylum. Presented by the Center For Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
Washington College of Law, American University in their online Journal: Human
Luxemburg Institute (RLI)
- We seek the development
of natural/ technological sciences and medicine conducive to the needs
of children, women and nature (i. e. human) with a technology that is
socially and ecologically viable.
- SAWA - South Asian Women for Action
- Boston-based, progressive, non-hierarchical collective of women of South
- Third Wave Foundation
- "Third Wave is a feminist, activist foundation that works nationally
to support young women and transgender youth ages 15 to 30. Through strategic
grantmaking, leadership development, and philanthropic advocacy, we support
groups and individuals working towards gender, racial, economic, and social
- "V-Day is an organized response against violence toward women."
- Women Leaders Online and Women Organizing for
- "WLO is the first and largest women's advocacy group created on
the Internet, seeking to build a network of one million women (and sympathetic
men) to empower women in politics, society, the economy, the media, and
is the political action arm of WLO, dedicated to changing government and
politics and empowering women through grassroots lobbying, voter education,
and the election of pro-woman candidates."
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws
- "is an international solidarity network that provides information,
support and a collective space for women whose lives are shaped, conditioned
or governed by laws and customs said to derive from Islam."
- Women's Human Rights
- "The Women's Human Rights Resources web site is a project of the
Bora Laskin Law Library at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law. The
site is produced by the Women's Human Rights Resources group in consultation
and collaboration with law librarians, lawyers, students, researchers,
activists and human rights experts around the world."
- "WomenWatch is a central gateway to information and resources on
the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women throughout
the United Nations system…"
- Women'space e-zine (Canadian)
- "A place where women activists share
stories of our adventures in cyberspace and explore how the Internet
is being used as a powerful tool for women."