guidelines were developed as a result of a complaint filed with the
University of Iowa Recreation Services. These
guidelines are posted and enforced in the recreational buildings
at the University of Iowa.
WOMEN'S PRIORITY COURTS
South Gym - Field House
1. To ensure gender equity, Courts 1, 3 and 5 are designated "priority
2. Men may play on courts having women's priority, but they must
yield should women wish to play. The following demand scale will
be used to determine priority.
||Court Number (in priority)
|36 or more
3. All challenges on female courts must be accepted when:
- At least four women are challenging
- There is no more than one man on the challenging team
4. When the number of female participants decreases below the number
required to have court priority, courts will return to regular challenge
courts in reverse order of priority.
5. The above policy would not exclude women from co-ed rec play.
Women's Priority Court
1. To ensure gender equity, Court 3 is designated "priority for
2. Men may play on Court 3, but they must yield to women requesting
priority. There must be a minimum of six women present to request
3. When there are less than six women. Court 3 reverts to a
4. The above policy would not exclude women from co-ed rec play.
Return to main page